Construction was started June 29, 1889 and was completed September 1, 1889 at a cost of $10,000.00. It was built by Charles Wilson.
The ground floor had 2 class rooms 26’ X 32’, 14’ ceilings, 2 hallways and included 4 ante room. The second floor was the same as the ground floor with an additional room used as a library. The belfry was 75’ from the ground.
It was used as a school until 1923 and was then used as City Hall.
It was located on Harrison Street between Redwood and Laurel Streets.
The site is the current location of Bainbridge Park and the Veterans Memorial Building.
City Grammar School